The Obligatory First Post & Welcome!



Welcome to my Author Blog. my name is Laurelle Lewis, I'm a Australian writer and Mum. I have self published several children's picture books, (and co-written a new book with my son) and here I will talk about my books, the books of other authors, indie and traditional publishing, author interviews, illustrator interviews, anything really to do with literature. 

I'm a mother of three children with Autism- and this has inspired my writing, and will continue to in the future. I endeavour to write books that will educate and help children to make good choices and use their voices.

My first two children's books are Archie the Brave and Jasper and the Elemenopy. They are about the main characters overcoming Anxiety, one a real situation, the other an imagined. But in both cases, the characters are loved and supported to overcome and deal with their fears.


After publishing two books, I encouraged my son to write a book, and the Unhealthy Ghost was born! The Unhealthy Ghost was inspired by my son's therapy sessions, based around healthy eating and exercise.

It follows the journey of Little Ghost as he tries different foods and exercises to discover eating well makes him feel better- but he then must work out which exercise is for him. 


Happy Reading! 

Laurelle Lewis